Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm Underwhelmed

The first two episodes of the final season of Gossip Girl ever should be epic.  Tremendous.  Spectacular.  Magnificent.

Contrary to my expectations, the first two episodes have been significantly under par.  I find myself screaming at the screen about Chuck's prison-mate hair or Sage's vulture arms more than marveling at Nate's sheer beauty or Serena's impeccable wardrobe, which completely defeats the purpose of Gossip Girl.

First of all, what is Bart Bass doing?  Nothing.  The drama surrounding him is irrelevant and boring.  Why'd they even bring him back?

Is it just me or is Georgina just getting creepier and creepier?...

They didn't even put Ivy in the second episode.  They just left us watching Rufus and her doughy little gnome body post-sex snuggle and don't even show her in the next episode.  Um...what?  If you're going to have some weird ex-fake-niece-and-step-uncle-but-still-feels-incestual sex, you have to at least follow up a little bit.

Dan needs to eject himself from a window.

There is so much more to complain about that I can't even include at the moment.
Ultimately, I'm pissed.  Pick it up GG.

Xoxo,
The Maneater

No comments:

Post a Comment